Black Friday is coming to Ireland!
All shops, big and small, actual and virtual, promise you discounts between 20 and 70 per cent this weekend. We’ll save you some time and post here some of the best deals you can get. And also warn you about things you need to look out for.
First major tip: Don’t wait for Friday, start shopping now. Despite the sale’s name, bargains have been on since last week.
The second one: Know your rights. Just because it’s Black Friday and the goods are discounted, it doesn’t mean the vendor can sell you anything, and then not accept it back.
- Always check the refund/ exchange/ credit note policies if you shop in store.
- If you shop online, remember that you have legal right to change your mind and return the non-faulty item for a full refund within 14 days of delivery.
- If you shop online, on amazon or other abroad-located stores for example, do check the delivery & customs cost, especially if your “chosen one” will be shipped from the USA. The product itself might be cheap, but you still may spend a fortune to get it.
- If something looks too good or too cheap to be true, it may be. Many scammers use Black Fridays to organise fake sales – beware of unusual payment methods and always check the website you are buying from. Better safe than sorry.
- Check if the special offer really is special. It sure feels good to buy something with a a sticker saying “60% off”, and some stores play on this “power of discount”. In some cases, the item is actually sold at its regular price, in other, the discount is not as big as we are led to believe. Last year, only 8 per cent of the Black Friday deals were the lowest prices.
The last but not the least: Don’t miss the deals – most of the offers end on November 27th, but check the date and the time twice. The sale may end faster or go on longer, and the biggest discounts usually turn up in the end.
And now to the offers…
Argos reduces its prices for 14 days. Shop there for gifts, home appliances, mobiles, toys or plenty of other products from thirteen different categories.
Lidl organises a Black Weekend sale: many deals are already active and more are coming up.
Harvey Norman promised to discount as heavy as its competitors, why don’t you find out for yourself? 25, 50 and 70% off on a large selection of laptops, furniture and home appliances.
Allsaints offers you 30 % off everything, online and in store, for a limited time.
Debenhams offers a large selection of goods with 10 % off (makeup and skin care), VAT free prices (all fragrances), half prices (women’s and men’s coats and jackets), and many more.
Asos’ code WIN20 gives you a 20 % discount from Black Friday to Cyber Monday, November 27.
Boohoo: only about 7 hours left to use the code BOOM to get 30% off everything. Another catchy code GRAB gives you 50 % off menswear. Look out for more and bigger discounts to come.
Littlewoods Ireland, an online store, offers you 30% off fashion and footwear and plenty of other of deals that will only last till 9 am November 28th, unless otherwise stated.
The Sweater Shop now has a pre-Black Friday with 40% off selected lines, more discounts to come. Check the shipping cost if you are not in the USA or Canada!
Smyth’s, the toy superstore, offers a voucher for in-store shopping and click&collect orders, as well as a number of discounts.
In Mothercare, a selection of items has 50 % off. Good news for mums and dads or parents-to-be.
If you want to go on a trip, now might be the time to check prices for Christmas flights or to start planning your summer vacation:
Ryanair offers some heavily discounted plane tickets for trips from December 2017 to June 2018
Aer Lingus is said to reduce their prices for travel from December 1 until January 31
WOW air has a “Purple Friday” sale, to and from six US destinations
CityJet gives you a 25% discount, until November 27th, with a code BREAKAWAY
Shop to your heart’s content, but don’t let the Black Friday leave you in the red!