Babylon Radio is a multicultural site with information about living here, visiting and things to do, playing music from all around the world, running multicultural events and more. The components of our project consist on a Web Radio, a Web Site and a Multicultural Community, which are created to help people to feel included, informed and welcome through our website, radio shows and events. Our aim is to help people around the world unite through music with no barriers of borders, race, religion or politics.
We are looking for passionate Journalists to participate in the creative cycle of a news story by investigating and writing rich and unbiased stories. While many think of journalists of writing articles for print publications, journalists nowadays have to be familiar with technology and not only write for print publications, but for the web, on social media, take pictures, video and more. In order to survive and thrive in the journalism field, you have to be knowledgeable in terms of media familiarity and confident writing in various mediums.
- Collect, verify and analyse newsworthy information
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
No professional experience is required.
The ideal candidate should possess: An inquiring mind; excellent written English and a concise writing style; the ability to win the confidence of all kinds of people; high standards of accuracy; the ability to produce good work under pressure; a thick skin, to handle rejection; persistence and stamina; quick understanding – journalists often have to write with authority on unfamiliar subjects; a knowledge of the law as it affects journalism.
We are looking for a talented Social media manager to administer our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our communication goals.
As a Social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
- Create original text, manage posts and respond to followers
- Manage the company image in a cohesive way to achieve our communication goals
- Ability to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement
- Knowledge of online marketing channels to achieve higher engagement rates
- Digital / Social media marketing academic background
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem solving skills
- No professional experience is required.
- 1 year experience in Digital / Social media marketing
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with other web designers to match visual design intent
- Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Conceptualize and execute original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and a methodical approach to all tasks.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practice and standard HTML/CSS practices considered advantageous.
- Adhere to the presentation norms and present the shows for Babylon
- Planning, researching, and writing their own scripts before filming or broadcast
- Prepare scripts and submit them well in advance of the programs
- Acting as the host, introduce and interview guests and interact with the audience
- Delivering information to the audience in a manner appropriate to the program
- Conceptualize and develop program ideas, and assist in forward planning of material for future programs
- Reacting quickly and positively to any problems or changes
- Following detailed instructions from the production team in order to keep everything to plan whilst on air
- Open to non-graduates and graduates of any discipline
- Research and interviewing skills.
- Outgoing and confident, with a likable personality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Good memory, for recalling facts, figures and scripts.
- Ability to work well with others in the production team and participants in the program even without supervision.
- Comfortable and natural in front of the camera and microphone.
- Ability to get on and connect with people, young and old, from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Experience in Broadcast Journalism
- Experience in on-air and program production.
- Knowledge of production techniques and facilities in both Radio and Television.
- Assist the CEO in day-to-day activities including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, reprioritization of meetings and the ability to strategically prioritize access, in collaboration with other teams.
- Understand and plan the CEO’s time in a weekly and daily time frame and ensure the optimization of their time against the strategic objectives of the company.
- Produce first drafts of emails and various documents for the CEO to review and edit in a timely and accurate manner.
- Acting as a proxy for your CEO when unavailable, including privileged access to meetings, people and information.
- Support a variety of projects and initiatives from various departments in Babylon if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to improve processes.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle confidential information professionally.
- Acutely familiar with google products (Gmail, Google calendar and Google drive)
- Proficient verbal, written, presentation and communication skills in English
- Must be based in Dublin.
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Experience in using Trello.
- Designing and implementing workflows of business operations
- Direct involvement in Live Webinars for Babylon.
- Coordinating with web developers to develop and maintain the website
- Coordinating with social media managers to ensure the promotion of various articles, radio shows and live webinars.
- Managing large and diverse teams
- Overseeing operations of the company by ensuring proper systems and processes in place
- Efficient communication with the Heads of other departments.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using google products
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience in Trello.
Are you passionate about podcasting and the art of interviewing subject-matter experts on-air? Our Podcaster role could be for you. As a Podcaster at Babylon, you will be the on-air host and content planner for several of your podcasts. It can be a mix of audio and video podcasts (posted to YouTube). You should be comfortable on-air in both formats. This is a new role, with steady, weekly work for a growing number of podcasts. All podcasts are in a variety of niches. You should be comfortable with diving into topics and subject matter that may be unfamiliar to you.
- Planning and preparing episode topics and interview questions.
- Brainstorm and research your own topics for podcast episodes.
- Hosting and recording the episodes with a co-host or guest.
- Writing brief show notes for each episode.
- Decent microphone
- Webcam for videos
- Computer with stable Internet connection
- Clean and distraction-free space to record on-air episodes.
- Experience in Podcasting.