Babylon is a multicultural site which integrates non-Irish people into Ireland. We have four main components: Informational content, radio, fresh journalistic content and events. The internship is for a minimum period of three months and the position is unpaid at the moment. It is an exciting opportunity for those who are looking for some hands-on experience.
Babylon are searching for an Editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story, to juggle all the moving parts of publications. You will plan, coordinate, review and edit content. The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content.
- Coordinate online publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines
- Some working experience as an editor
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- Experience with WordPress
If you find this opportunity suitable for you, send us your CV today. All applications will be considered.