Babylon is a multicultural site with information about living in Ireland, a web radio, fresh articles, and events. The internship is unpaid at the moment. It is an exciting opportunity for those who are looking for some hands-on experience. The internship is for a minimum of 3 months.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our website. Web developer responsibilities include building and modifying our website from concept all the way to completion, integrating the web pages to site layout and function.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with other web designers to match visual design intent
- Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Conceptualize and execute original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and a methodical approach to all tasks.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practice and standard HTML/CSS practices considered advantageous.
If you find this opportunity suitable for you, send us your CV today with Web Developer Job Application in the subject line. All applications will be considered.