A 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the Manchester terror attacks in the south of the city. The information was received shortly after the British Prime Minister said that the security services believe they know the identity of suicide bomber. The suicide bomber blew himself up at the Manchester arena stadium after Ariana Grande music concert on Monday night. As per the reports received so far, 22 people have been killed in the brutal attack which include many children and 59 have been reported to be injured.
Around 20,000 people were present in the Manchester arena for the concert and thousands of them started rushing towards the exit gates and ticket area, after they heard the bang and word of a bomb spread among the crowd, where an unidentified man detonated an explosive weapon soon after the American pop singer finished her performance. Grande, who was equally shocked and ‘broken’ after hearing about the incident, was reported unharmed. After the 2005 London bombing which took the lives of over 50 people, this is the worst terror attack in the history of the UK.
Political leaders from all over the world have condemned the attack and expressed their condolences and solidarity with the UK. US President Donald Trump said that the slaughter of innocent people, mostly children, was wicked.
The president of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker said those wanting to “instil fear and sow division” would not prevail.
Ireland’s minister for foreign affairs, Charlie Flanagan said he was shocked and horrified by the large loss of life in Manchester last night. He also informed that there are no reports of any Irish citizens among the dead or injured.
You can support us by buying us a coffee,
Every little bit will go towards creating new and exciting content for you!