If you are living in private rented accommodation you pay rent either directly to your landlord or to an agent on behalf of the landlord. Usually, the amount of rent payable is negotiated between you and the landlord at the start of the tenancy. Your landlord should record all rent payments in your rent book. If your landlord wants to increase the rent he/she must follow certain procedures.

If you are living in private rented accommodation and pay income tax, you may be eligible for tax relief on part of your rent.

If you are finding it difficult to pay your rent you may apply for Rent Supplement.  The rules for Rent Supplement are complex. In general, if your only income is a social welfare or Health Service Executive payment you will get Rent Supplement.  You will not get Rent Supplement if you are in full-time employment, however, you may be able to retain your Rent Supplement if you have been unemployed for 12 months and are returning to work.

Popular portals where you can find room/house to rent: – View Houses To Rent in Ireland on, the Largest Property Listings Website in Ireland. Search 1000’s of houses and properties for rent in Ireland.


Rent in Dublin

Rent in DublinFacebook group with 66 thousand users. For everyone in Dublin/County Dublin (Ireland) looking for an house, apartment or room to rent/to share.
Group language is english. – Find Dublin property to rent including houses to rent in Dublin, apartments to rent in Dublin, new homes and sites with MyHome Property listings



Related Pages:

You can support us by buying us a coffee,
Every little bit will go towards creating new and exciting content for you!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x