5 YouTube workouts for all levels
When we’re inside and not moving around as much, we need to put a little more effort into keeping our bodies strong. With gyms closed and a 5km travel limit, working out might not be our first priority right now. But exercise plays an important role in mental health, and those extra minutes of movement pay off. Working out at home can be difficult, because it takes a little more motivation and self-discipline. Luckily for us, plenty of fitness fanatics upload tutorials to YouTube, so we can attend an entire class for free. Here are five YouTube channels that upload workout videos for any fitness level.
1. For variety: POPSUGAR Fitness
Popsugar Fitness offer a huge variety of fitness classes and tutorials on their channel including; HIIT, strength training, boxercise and dance workouts. They regularly do live workout classes too, the community aspect of which can be fun and encouraging. Check out their playlists to narrow down what kind of workout you’re looking to do.
- Best for beginners: 40 Minute Full Body Workout | Beginner Strength Training
- Best intermediate: 40-Minute Cardio & Sculpt High-Intensity Workout With The Hollywood Trainer Jeanette Jenkins
- Most popular: 30-Minute Hip-Hop Tabata to Torch Calories
- Most fun: 30-Minute BodyCombat-Inspired Workout With Boxing, Kung Fu, and Muay Thai
2. For quick workouts: FitnessBlender
The FitnessBlender YouTube channel is run by Daniel and Kelli, a married couple who started their channel to make fitness available to everyone. They offer a range of cardio, strength training, pilates and stretching workouts. Their workout videos start at as little as 5 minutes, meaning you can squeeze in a workout any day that you’re busy or just feeling demotivated. Many of their videos target specific muscles or body parts, so it’s easy to find what you’re looking for with a simple search.
- Best for beginners: Crunchless Abs Workout – Crunch Free Ab Workout Routine
- Best intermediate: Intense Fat Burning Cardio Butt and Thigh Workout – Advanced & Low Impact Modifications
- Most popular: 10 Min Abs Workout — At Home Abdominal and Oblique Exercises
- Most fun: Ultimate HIIT Workout for People Who Get Bored Easily – Fat Burning HIIT Cardio Workout
3. For Pilates: Blogilates
Blogilates is run by fitness instructor Cassey Ho. Like FitnessBlender, her channel also features a range of 5 minute workouts. A lot of them are created around famous pop songs (“What Makes You Bootyful” is a personal favourite). Cassey is super encouraging and will always tell you how great you look while exercising – even if you’re dripping in sweat.
- Best for beginners: 5 Ways to Build your Core & Confidence Workout
- Best intermediate: Total Body Tone Fest | Best apartment friendly workout for butt, abs + arms!
- Most popular: POP Pilates for Beginners – Total Body Workout
- Most fun: Call Me Maybe Squat Challenge
4. For challenges: Chloe Ting
Chloe Ting had a surge in popularity back at the start of lockdown this year when people all around the world took on her two-week ab shred challenge. The video has gained 256 million views, but it isn’t her only challenge video: her channel features challenges for your legs, butt, arms and general fitness. These are mostly structured for two-week periods, but there are challenges that extend over month-long periods too.
- Best for beginners: Full Body No Jumping Workout To Burn Fat | Burn Thigh Fat Low Impact Cardio
- Best for intermediate: 15 Min Full Body HIIT | No Noise No Jumping Apartment Friendly
- Most popular: Get Abs in 2 WEEKS | Abs Workout Challenge
- Most fun: Full Body Workout | No Equipment At Home & Effective
5. For relaxing: Yoga with Adriene
Yoga with Adriene is one of YouTube’s top yoga channels, run by Adriene Mishler. Her channel hosts a variety of videos for different kinds of yoga, including; mental health, weight loss, anxiety, as well as prenatal yoga and bedtime yoga. Her calm demeanor and kind energy sets up a relaxing mood, and it helps that her dog makes regular cameos, too!
- Best for beginners: Yoga For Beginners – The Basics – Yoga With Adriene
- Best for intermediate: Morning Yoga – Energizing Morning Sequence
- Most popular: Yoga For Complete Beginners – 20 Minute Home Yoga Workout!
- Most fun: Yoga To Feel Your Best | Yoga With Adriene
More like this: