Instagram has also published the most followed accounts of 2019 in Ireland.
US President Donald Trump’s visit to Ireland and several disasters were some of the most talked about Facebook stories of 2019 in Ireland.
“As with previous years, it’s incredible to see the range of topics discussed on Facebook by people in Ireland; from local politics and sport to global entertainment and world events,” Facebook Ireland Head Gareth Lambe said.
2019: Topics most talked about on Facebook in Ireland
- January: Munster Rugby (one of Ireland’s rugby teams)
- February: Lady Gaga performance at the Oscars
- March: Christchurch Mosque Attack
- April: Notre Dame de Paris Fire
- May: Game of Thrones Finale
- June: US President Donald Trump’s visit to Ireland
- July: Fortnite Battle Royale at the Fortnite World Cup 2019
- August: Amazon Forest Fires
- September: Electric Picnic (music and arts festival held in late August at Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois)
- October: Brexit
- November: Gay Byrne (the Irish broadcaster died on November 4)
2019: McGregor most followed on Instagram in Ireland
Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, has listed the most followed accounts in Ireland and the country’s most followed #hashtags on the same day.
Ireland’s IG accounts most followed:
- boxer Conor McGregor (@thenotoriousmma) – 32.8 million followers
- YouTuber Jacysepticeye/Seán McLoughlin (@jacksepticeye) – 6.6 million followers
- Love Island contestant and TV personality Maura Higgins (@maurahiggins) – 2.6 million followers
- golfer Rory McIlroy (@rorymcilroy) – 1,8 million followers
- McGregor’s partner Dee Devlin (@deedevlin1) – 1.6 million followers.
The 2019 most followed #hashtags in Ireland were Irish interiors, Mrs Hinch (known for cleaning tutorials), Wild Atlantic Way (Ireland’s tourism trail on the west coast), Love, and Love Island.
You can support us by buying us a coffee,
Every little bit will go towards creating new and exciting content for you!